1/11-79: Bjerrum & Jensen ApS was founded by Mr. Gert Bjerrum (retired 2002) & Mr. Verner Jensen (retired 1986).
Today the company is managed by the equal partners:
Michael Bisbo, employed 1990, partner since 1994
Dan R Jensen, employed 1979-1981, again from 2003, partner since 2004
From the beginning, and still today our main activities are:
- Shipmanagement incl. chartering, administration, Sale & Purchase
- Competitive chartering
- Maritime insurance
1/11-2004: We celebrate the 25th anniverssary and at the same time the letters JMB were added to the companyname, together with the new logo, symbolizing our maritime duties and the letters in the names of the Management – since then we are named: JMB Bjerrum & Jensen ApS.
1/1-2005: Take over of the local stevedore at Svendborg: C.E. Jensen ApS, operating stevedoring activities at the Port of Svendborg.
March 2008: Authorization by GL with a DoC to operate ISM – since when ISM + ISPS has been another mainactivity of team JMB.
April 2009: Partnership with Wilh. Pekholtz GmbH, Hamburg in order to facilitate our german coasters according to the german maritime tax regulation. Meantime the company is now fully taken over and named: JMB Wilh. Pekholtz (GmbH & Co Kg)
August 2009: Awarded FONASBA Quality Standard for Ship Brokers and Agents
- Chartering management of coasters in the size of 230 upto 3250 dwcc.
- Chartering / administration of tugboats 200-1000 HP / 3-19 mt B/P.
- Portagency and stevedoring at Svendborg, Rudkøbing, Faaborg and Nyborg.
- Administration of companies with vessels within dredging and/or deliveries of sand / gravel.
- Accounting for companies within the Shippingindustry and for the JMB group of companies.
- ISM/ISPS management for various ships (PSV, Dredger, SSV and GenCgo coasters).
- Technical and crewing assistance.
Team JMB consists of a technical consultant and 7 talented, engaged and flexible employees, all of whom are ready, either individually or as a team to provide solutions at their utmost to suit the demands of the lively shipping-industry.